Monday, January 12, 2009

Living the Dream...

My friend, Kelly, and I have this saying whenever we start to feel down talking about all thing new things in our lives and all the bills we have to pay and the great salary that we don't have yet- we say we're "livin' the dream." The dream is to have an education in something, have a regular job, and a place to live that has a different address than your parents, bills to pay, and they ever coveted FREEDOM!!

No one ever told us that this phase of live comes with responsibility out the wazoo, big questions to answer, life decisions to make, and everything else that comes with everyday life! You know laundry, grocery shopping, cooking, keeping up with car maintenance, you know all the little things that just get done when you live at home and no one really pays attention.

Well- I've arrived- I've officially lived on my own for over six months. I have paid bills, kept my house clean (mostly), even managed to cook often enough, but I really don't feel like I've arrived. Sometimes I miss the schedule of school- staying up late, hanging out with people. One thing I am doing this semester (see I still measure time like I'm in school.) that I'm excited about it hanging out with students again at Georgia State. Since that is where I graduated from I have a vested interest in what happens on the campus. I helping out with the weekly Bible Study that is now Student-led!!!! I am also looking forward to hanging out with students and growing with them in their walk with Christ.
So amid the monotony of getting up and doing the same thing all day everyday, five days a week, I can definitely see God using me right where I am, and pushing me forward.

No comments: