Friday, January 30, 2009

Where did it GO?

I find it sort of ironic that I wrote about "living the dream" in my last post, oh so long ago because that life completely changed for me last week. I got laid off from my first job. I remember feeling very shocked because I had no prior warning, but other than that I felt pretty much hopeful that I would find another one until this past Wednesday. I heard that the state of GA had a hiring freeze in effect until June so I decided to go ahead and file unemployment, yet another first.
But despite all the changes that are the effect of losing my job: moving, loss of income, loss of interaction with people every day, I choose to trust God.
"This is not the way I would have chosen, but He leads me through a world that's not my home. He never said it would be easy, but He said I'd never go alone.

I'm reminded of this Ginny Owens song as I again adjust my focus onto His face, a leaving the worries and challenges to fend for themselves for a time. I do not understand why my Heavenly Father has allowed this, or what He is leading my on to do, but I do know that I am not forgotten. This was not accident and although it was a shock to me, he was in no way surprised by me losing my job and he is not scrounging around for me a place to live or some sort of income. He has already provided for all my needs. I am His daughter and He has no plans of leaving me where I am or separating Himself from me.
So yesterday as I awoke to go stand in line with many other Georgians who had similarly lost there jobs, I was reminded that this is just one more side street on the journey of my life. This is not an end, or even a detour, this is the road of my life that my Father has ordained my steps on, I just can't see what's at the next intersection yet.

No comments: