Saturday, October 3, 2009

slippers, coffee, and sleep


I have no idea what the previous obsession was with food, maybe I was hungry!

I'm sitting on the couch contemplating how different my life has been since coming to Sarajevo. I'm processing that different doesn't mean bad, just what it implies- not the same. I need some more hangers for my closet, but the reason I don't have them is not because I'm too lazy to go get them, it's because something that simple requires walking 5 min. to a tram stop, riding it for several stops and walking about 10 min. to Mercator (their version of Target), but then whose to say they actually have hangers. It's very hit and miss over here. One day they have them , the next day you go back to get more and you end up getting something different because they are out of the baskets or hangers or whatever you got before. The same thing happens in grocery stores, you kinda have to be flexible with what you want to eat- your kind of milk, etc.

I think that makes me grateful for the things I do have, though. I'm so thankful for having two great roommates that have bent over backwards to help me find things and really feel at home. I discovered that some of my "can't live withouts" include sheets that fit my bed, a clock, a coffee maker (and filter for it), slippers (thanks, Judy), and at least 7+ hours of sleep on my almost comfortable bed. The acquisition of each of these is a feat in and of itself.

No comments: